Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I got it yay..... oh no, it's already crap.

So I got my rackets yesterday in the post. I came home from college and my little brother runs down the stairs (as he always does to tell me information that he thinks I'll like or want or even need to hear because it means he knew it first, which gives him an incredible amount of self-satisfaction but anyway on with my racket story oh hang on must close these brackets), (there we go!) and he tells me that my new rackets I ordered from Milletsports from their shop in North West London over the internet. Well turns out that they sent me the rackets in perfect condition, only one problem though.... No strings. Well as you can imagine, or perhaps you can't due to the fact you dont know that a tennis racket has strings, I was furious! No disclaimer on the website telling and, well even warning their customers that string are NOT included! I think that goes under the "false advertising" bracket, don't you? I just thought I should post this because I think it's pretty outrageous that they think it's legal because it's over the internet. They took credit card details off me and did not provide what I thought I had paid for. That being said however, I got beautiful new rackets at a good reduced price, unheard of on other sites and if I had ordered my own custom strings (which I would have preferred to do anyway but couldn't thinking I would be spending too much of mammy's money on my Christmas present the Sunday before last), it would have cost possibly another £30, which is about €45! It's €50 to get the strings I want and to have them actually applied to the racket for me in N-Zone in Kinsealy which isn't that far from where I live, (about a 15 min drive with no traffic.) And with the strings adding to the weight of the over all order I put in, the total price including delivery would have incresed by more than €50, I think anyway. I'm not actually that bothered by it, but it's just annoying to have to get them strung now before Christmas morning and especially annoying because I won't get to use them probably until December 27th at the earliest, and that's if I'm not working. Oh well back to the Santa present cubboard they go..... Still tho, can't wait, can u? It's only 20 days now!! Less and less the more you read!! Amazing how time flies when you don't have time to track it, isn't it?

No comments: