Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Women's Problems?!?!

So it's come to my attention, that there is a way of getting out of conversations be it with managers at work, or at home with parents, perhaps this year even with Santa..... Women's Problems! It seems if you say this to any of the above people, you automatically get out of trouble and your in the "all clear"! Sexist much??! Think about this situation for a second, you have worked hard all day, even helped some of your co-workers out with their own work and your tired and sore all over, and the boss comes over and says that while you assisted your co-worker in let's say moving a heavy box you failed to comply to all safety measures. You respond that it happened due to your co-worker almost dropping the box. So the manager responds with a "well she's not feeling good so I consider this your fault". This is unfair. Simple as! However you hear maybe later after work and your chatting to people and someone lets it slip that she had her period or possibly lied about it just to place blame on someone else.




Now imagine how you would feel if you were someone else. You were me. Standing there, and your mates tell you that you now have a mediocre reference about anti-safety compliance due to a co-workers lies! I think you might be peeved.... Just a tad perhaps?? I'm sorry but if I said that I was feeling a tad under the weather, and even if this was true, I would be told to grow up and stop messing around and that I'm being immature and welcome to the real world etc.... It's funny how women fought for the right to work for so long and now these girls come along and seem to be fighting against it! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for women's rights in fact I'm all about them, and I'm for real there! But seriously this ruins everything the women's movement stands for!! Guys can't do this, we can't lie about our health and be told "oh OK, well if you still feel ill in an hour or so you can go home". Sexism has done a 180 in the workplace it seems. Maybe guys should start playing the "gay" card?! If you say "I'm gay" they go easy on you perhaps? Well in my next blog you shall see the results! Toodles!!!